Toddler Teacher Position (Full-time)
Peabody Terrace Children’s Center is a private, non-profit childcare facility affiliated with Harvard University. We are one of 6 centers that make up Campus Child Care, Inc. We are located on the Charles River, in graduate student housing. We serve an internationally diverse community of families with children from 3 months to 5 years of age. We were among the first fifty programs in Massachusetts to pursue and attain NAEYC accreditation, and we maintain a consistent reputation for excellence in childcare in the Metro-Boston area. We have 8 classrooms with an art studio available for use by all classrooms.
PTCC is a Reggio Emilia inspired school and we are dedicated to providing a reflective, meaningful experience for children while they are away from home. We are committed to Anti-Bias Education at all ages and expect staff to support these principles. Our teaching staff includes energetic, thoughtful individuals who are committed to developing curriculum through keen observation of play.
- Collaborate with teaching team to provide relationship-focused care, which may include: playing, singing, diapering, nap support, observation
- Collaborate with teaching team to plan and document emergent curriculum that is accessible to all students
- Complete child learning assessments
- Peaceful, timely, effective communication with teaching team, families, curricular support staff, and administrators
- Attend and contribute to weekly team meeting and monthly all staff meeting
- Able to lift, move, and hold children and objects up to 40 pounds. Able to engage in full range of motion to lift, reach, squat, climb, sit, and otherwise fully participate in classroom activities.
- Able to supervise and interact with children outdoors for extended periods of varied weather conditions.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- EEC Teacher certification
- CDA, or higher education degree (any level) in ECE, Child Development, Elementary Ed., or Early Childhood Special Education (OR 30 college credits in these areas with an unrelated degree)
- Cultural Competency
- Familiarity with Google docs, pic collage, word processing, email
- Knowledge of EEC regulations and NAEYC standards
- Time management skills
- High-quality HMO health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan contributions, starting with one year of service
- In-house professional development
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development funding up to $1,000 per year
- Monthly transportation allowance
- Paid time off
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume, cover letter and list of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PTCC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate due to race, religion, cultural heritage, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, political affiliation, marital status, or disability when making decisions regarding hiring.