Lincoln Nursery School is seeking an educator who understands the importance of play in child development and believes in inquiry based learning for themselves and their students.
Lincoln Nursery School is a cooperative where family members are in the classroom on a regular basis alongside the co-teachers and children creating a learning community. A respect for and love of children and their families is essential for joy to flourish in our school; teachers are proactive in developing relationships with children and their families. LNS is located on the grounds of the deCordova Sculpture Park and museum which borders conservation land; this context influences our emergent curriculum.
- Understanding of the Reggio Emilia Approach to early childhood education, project based teaching and documentation;
- Ability to collaborate with a co-teacher and actively participate in faculty meetings;
- Comfortable coaching family partners when volunteering in the classroom;
- Well organized, has strong time management skills, and is adaptable;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Committed to professional development;
- EEC lead teacher certified, a complete BRC will be required before joining our team;
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 3 years teaching experience preferred;
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required.
The position starts in August, 2024. Lincoln Nursery School operates on a 10 month school calendar, mid-August – mid-June. Salary is based on experience and background. The school offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including healthcare insurance contributions and a Simple IRA plan with 3% employer match. Paid benefits include up to 10 days of excused absences, daily planning time, and professional development. We are seeking teachers who are interested in making a long-term commitment to the school.
If you are interested in applying, please contact NANCY@LINCOLNNURSERYSCHOOL.ORG
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.