Job Description: Part Time Preschool Teacher
Community Nursery School seeks a dynamic, loving and committed preschool teacher to join our team of educators in
September of 2022. CNS is a Reggio-inspired, community-based cooperative preschool located in Lexington, MA.
● This is a part time teaching position in our Pre-K classroom for the 2022-2023 school year (Sept ‘22 – early June ‘23)
● Hours are 8:30am – 12:30pm, 2 days a week, with additional paid time for planning and staff meetings, professional
development, parent outreach and community collaboration.
● This position includes a competitive salary with paid time off as well as opportunities for professional development.
● If interested in additional hours, opportunities are available in the afternoon as an enrichment teacher (12-2 pm).
● For more information about Community Nursery School, please visit www.cnslex.org.
Ideal candidates should have:
● EEC Preschool Teacher Certification (or background in education and/or a willingness to pursue certification).
● Genuine love for and interest in the work of young children.
● Familiarity with Reggio-inspired, inquiry-based early education approach.
● A solid knowledge of child development and process-oriented, play-based learning.
● A commitment to nature-based learning and a comfort with teaching outdoors for a portion of the day.
● The ability to create an inspiring and engaging learning environment where children experience joy and a sense of wonder.
● The capacity to create warm, nurturing and professional relationships with children, families and fellow educators. The
ability to interact collaboratively with colleagues and families.
● A commitment to celebrating cultural diversity and respect for diverse learners.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work both cooperatively and independently on a
How to apply:
● Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume & references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Applicants must clear a full background check (CORI, SORI, fingerprinting) & pass a health screening before hire.