After School Study Supervisor (part-time)
Nashoba Brooks School is an independent school for all genders, age 3-Grade 3; girls, Grades 4-8. The school is committed to personal excellence in academics, athletics, and the arts within its mission of preparing students for “…a life of continuous learning, accomplishment, and leadership in a diverse and changing world.” At Nashoba Brooks, we believe that diversity enriches and strengthens community and challenges individuals to become agents of change in creating a more fair and equitable world.
Nashoba Brooks School educates children for a life of continuous learning, accomplishment, and leadership in a diverse and changing world. The School nurtures students’ growth and character, while fostering the development of each child’s personal excellence in academics, athletics, and the arts.
Nashoba Brooks School seeks an after school study supervisor for the 2022-2023 academic year. This 10-month position involves running an afterschool drop-in study program for girls in Grades 4-8. Weekly hours for this position are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 3:30 to 5:45 p.m. and Tuesday from 12:30-5:45 p.m. The candidate should interact easily with a wide range of students and possess a strong desire to work as part of a team in a dynamic school committed to excellence in 21st century education.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of child development with a focus on middle school students.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues in support of students.
- Strong organization and management skills.
- Ability to assist students with homework and study skills.
- Experience creating and supporting a positive learning environment and culture for students ages 9-14.
- Demonstrated experience with efficient project management and problem-solving skills with the ability to initiate and complete multiple tasks, independently or collaboratively, as required.
- Proficiency with technology and technology integration to support learning.
- Educational coursework required.
- Experience working with middle school students.
The Supervised Study Coordinator will model integrity, professionalism, curiosity, responsibility, creativity and respect for all persons, as well as a demonstrated commitment to advancing the School’s core values of integrity, collaboration, inclusivity, empathy, and resilience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé, and three references to:
Kaitlyn McHugh, Assistant Head of Middle School