FULL-TIME TODDLER/PRESCHOOL TEACHER POSITION
If you are looking for a center with a community of professional teachers and committed parents that put
a child’s exploration, learning style, and emotional development at the forefront of what they do, we are
waiting for you!
Bigelow Cooperative Day Care is a non-profit, play-based program strongly influenced by the Reggio
Emilia approach to learning. As a parent cooperative, we have an involved group of parents and a staff
culture of working as a team and growing together. come join us in Somerville (between Union and Porter
Squares)! We offer competitive salaries, low staff/child ratios, and great benefits.
We are currently looking for a full-time Toddler/Preschool teacher to join our Toddler/Preschool
classroom (ages 18 months – 2.9 years).
Hours are from 8:30-3:30 Monday – Friday
THE PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR WILL:
• Have a passion for teaching, an understanding of child development and a strong belief in
• Realize the importance of establishing positive relationships with parents and working
collaboratively with other staff
• Create an open, friendly, nurturing and cooperative atmosphere where parents and
children feel comfortable and secure
• Be open to new ideas, have a desire to grow and can be flexible in your approach to adult
• Be able to document and assess children’s growth, adapt the curriculum to the children’s
needs and be able to communicate this information in a variety of ways
• A minimum of two years of early childhood teaching experience with Toddler/Preschool
ages 18 months – 2.9.
• EEC Infant/Toddler and Preschool Certification
• Associates degree in Early Childhood or higher preferred, but not required
• 2 weeks paid vacation and one-week winter break and one-week spring break
• Comprehensive health, dental and disability insurance
• Matching Simple IRA contribution
• Longevity bonuses at 3 years (some of our teachers have been here over 20 years)
• 11 paid holidays
• 35-hour work week plus paid planning time and paid lunch
• $18 – $22 per hour