Early Childhood; Toddler Teacher & Preschool/Pre-K Teachers JCC Early Learning Center 50 Sutherland Rd Brighton, MA 02135
Are you a caring preschool educator who is ready for an exciting new opportunity in a warm, dynamic community? JCC Greater Boston, Brookline campus’s Early Learning Center is in a very pleasant facility with both indoor and outdoor play spaces. It is a midsized school with +/- 50 children (five classrooms). Preschool Teachers are drawn to work at the JCC Brookline for a variety of reasons: the teamwork, opportunities for professional development, the child-oriented approach, better pay and benefits (including a variety of discounts for children), easy access by public transportation (B, C and D lines), free on-site parking, planning/break time, and, in many classrooms, improved teacher/child ratios. This posting is for a full-time, salaried Teacher. There are upcoming opportunities in the Toddler and Pre-K classrooms with 9:30am-6pm & 8am-4pm positions available. The starting salary for these position are $43,570-51,000. The salary offered will ultimately be determined by the scope of the position, the candidate’s relevant experience, and internal equity.
JCC Greater Boston is deeply committed to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of each constituent. We welcome staff and participants from diverse backgrounds. While being proudly Jewish, we strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs or background. We are guided by JCC Greater Boston core values – Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration and Transformation – which resonate with many who do not identify as Jewish.
JCC Greater Boston is a leader in early childhood education and has 4 NAEYC accredited centers in the Greater Boston area based on developmentally appropriate practices. While united structurally and pedagogically, each school has a unique personality, shaped by the community needs and staff vision. Our children come from diverse backgrounds.
If you are committed to the field of Early Childhood Education, value collegial and collaborative work environments, then we encourage you to apply. JCC Early Learning Centers are places where preschool teachers are encouraged to bring their passion for children, creating wonderful memories while building character and providing valuable education. Our curriculum is characterized by understanding the unique needs of each child, co-creation with the children, building a vibrant classroom community and strong partnerships with the parents.
In addition to a rewarding career where you help shape children’s futures, the JCC Greater Boston provides competitive exempt compensation packages for full time salaried teachers. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary (This position will pay in the range of $43,570-47,500 as a starting salary. The salary offered will ultimately be determined by the scope of the position, the candidate’s relevant experience, and internal equity.)
- Health insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Group life insurance
- Long term disability
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Support of a child development specialist
- Discounted child care at Early Learning Centers
- Discounted camp tuition (50-100%)
- Generous paid time off
- A free membership to the JCC Greater Boston facility in Newton – offering virtual and in person programs including indoor swimming, many fitness classes and workout facilities as well as discounts to many JCCGB events, classes, outdoor pool and more
- Engaging professional development opportunities including 7 development days per year
- Create a safe and nurturing environment where children can play, learn and take risks
- Maintain full responsibility for smooth running of classroom environment
- In partnership with Early Learning Center Directors and peers, co-create a collaborative, dynamic, positive, and innovative classroom culture.
- Work in partnership with JCC leadership and other departments to support JCC Greater Boston organizational goals and model JCC values
- Partner and communicate with families with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for the children
- Design and implement curriculum
- Complete observation and document assessments regarding children’s progress
- Adhere to all EEC regulations as well as NAEYC guidelines
- EEC certification required
- A love of children and a strong desire to make a difference every day
- Strong organizational skills including teamwork, relationship building skills, the ability to multitask, the ability to manage situations effectively and diplomatically
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and commitment to build strong relationships with families, co-workers, ELC leadership, and JCCGB colleagues
- Commitment to create and foster a dynamic environment where play and learning are a top priority
- Computer literate
- JCC Greater Boston requires that new employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 at time of hire. The JCC will consider requests for medical or religious exemption that do not pose undue hardship or a direct threat to health or safety