Early Childhood Program Director
We have an exciting leadership opportunity in Early Education!
For almost fifty years, The Professional Center for Child Development, a nonprofit, human services organization has dedicated itself to our mission of “Nurturing the growth and potential of EVERY child”. PCCD provides children of all abilities, ages birth to 12, with a solid foundation for life-long learning through our developmental, educational, and therapeutic programs so they can achieve their full potential
We are looking to hire a creative and motivated EEC certified Director II to help us implement, lead, and expand The Woodbridge School, an innovative, enriching, and exciting full-day Early Childhood Program for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers.
Our organization includes a Chapter 766 Developmental Day School, Early Intervention Program, Early Childhood Program, Private Therapies, Regional Consultation Program, and Toddler Playgroups.
Our staff work in our community, giving 110% to everything they do, and we have created a supportive, creative, and collaborative workplace culture. Most importantly, we spend our days seeing the possibilities – in students of all abilities, in families of all kinds, and in each other.
The Woodbridge School Director supports child-centered, emergent curriculum in which children are viewed as active participants in their own learning, making choices and seeking out experiences that further their development. Woodbridge School staff strive to create a safe, nurturing, stimulating environment that supports children as they learn and grow at their own pace through play-based and child-centered experiences. Woodbridge School staff view each child as an individual and understand the importance of getting to know and support each child’s unique development.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood, Special Education, or a related field.
- 5-8 years of progressively responsible leadership experience working with young children and their families in an EEC licensed childcare program; experience in emergent curriculum or child-directed and play-based learning a plus.
- Must hold EEC Director II certification; previous childcare administration experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to delegate work appropriately, provide coaching, guidance, and inspire teamwork. Ability to provide feedback to motivate and hold staff accountable, promote personal growth, and provide day-to-day direction to the team.
- Should share our common philosophy, recognize best practices in the Early Childhood field, be committed to working in a collaborative team, and have proven experience in expanding, leading and managing growth.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Must be creative and proactive with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and be flexible. Excellent attention to detail and high standards for quality of work.
- Ability to understand and work with agency policies and procedures including a strong commitment to confidentiality and ethics. Must be able to handle difficult situations and confidential material with sensitivity and professionalism.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint, as well as ability to learn technology and software related to the program
- This position requires current background checks of Massachusetts CORI, DCF, national SORI and national Criminal History Records, which must be deemed “suitable” by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care.
We know that our organization is stronger and more connected when we recognize and value the diversity and the myriad of backgrounds and perspectives in our community. PCCD respects and honors the differences of all. PCCD is proudly an equal opportunity employer. This is a great opportunity to work with a group of wonderful educators and therapists!
To apply, please visit our careers page at: https://www.theprofessionalcenter.org/careers/. Send us your resume and cover letter telling us why your experience and background are perfect for this opportunity. PCCD is proud to offer a supportive team environment with ongoing support and mentoring, as well as a great benefits package including:
- Family-friendly flexible schedules
- Medical, dental insurance with employer cost sharing
- Life and disability insurance provided by employer
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Time Off: Up to 3 weeks’ vacation
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Staff Development & Training Reimbursement
- Student Loans: As an employee, you may be eligible for student loan forgiveness!