Preschool Teacher- (EEC Preschool Teacher Cert Required)
Mission: Encourage a love of learning, nurturing children’s innate adaptability, curiosity and autonomy.
Must hold a current EEC Teacher or EEC Lead Teacher certification
- Provide responsive and respectful care for children in designated group, including supporting children emotionally. Kindergarten readiness through emergent curriculum. Curriculum planning and collaborating with co-teacher to create a warm, inspiring environment for teachers and children alike.
- Collaborate to ensure supportive and challenging growth opportunities for children, including opportunities to socialize and make friends, develop skills of self-expression and engage with activities and content of interest to child and group. Contribute to the planning of curriculum which addresses these goals.
- Complete assessment of children’s development through the use of observational tools, documentation and reflection. Communicate children’s development to families.
- Use Brightwheel (our classroom management app) to record children’s attendance, activities, details of their day, and assessment information.
- Engage in regular, respectful and sensitive communication with parents, including daily updates via Brightwheel, conferences, center displays of children’s work and photographs.
- Light custodial duties, including sweeping, washing/sanitizing of table surfaces and equipment, laundry.
- Meet requirements for ongoing education, including 20 hours of training annually as required by DEEC, maintain up-to-date CPR and First Aid Training, and other professional development as required by SolBe.
- Meet requirements for accreditation and engage in the accreditation process when SolBe is eligible.
- If Lead Teacher qualified through EEC there may be instances when you’ll be left responsible for center leadership in administrators’ absence.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Center Director, Center Coordinator and Educational Architect.
- To engage in our work as a professional, including continuous learning and growth in the ECE field.
- To use and model respectful speech and sympathetic listening in all areas of group collaboration and conflict management with families, colleagues and children.
- To arrive on time for scheduled work, and in cases when that’s not possible provide notice of absences to ensure that proper coverage can be arranged.
- Educators work under the supervision of lead educators and center leadership and are responsible for guiding the work of assistant educators, interns and volunteers.
Additional character attributes:
- Dependable: arrive on time and ready for all of the day’s activities, including outdoor play and exploration.
- Grounded: manage unexpected circumstances (child’s illness, episode of vomiting) with a calm, poised demeanor.
- Adaptable: be open to meeting changing circumstances with an open mind and the willingness to adapt behavior and responsibilities accordingly.
- Work requires close visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned (i.e. light custodial duties, snack distribution, classroom set-up and safety, general supervision and wellbeing of participants) or to make general observations of facilities, participants or environment.
- Ability to lift 35+ pounds.
- Ability to push a crib or stroller with approximately 80-100 pounds of weight.
- Must be able to climb, stoop, reach, stand, lift, feel, communicate appropriately, and be capable of repetitive motion for the entirety of shift. Able to physically respond quickly in an emergency.
- Assist in classrooms, field trips, and outdoor explorations, as needed.
- Understand the risk of exposure to blood and bodily fluids and use universal precautions in such instances.
Employment is dependent upon successfully passing a background check.
Spanish Proficiency Encouraged but not Required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
Please send resume to Marlo@solbelearning.com