Seeking Early Childhood Educator
Preschool Classroom Teacher
The Family Cooperative is looking for A Preschool Classroom Teacher interested in becoming part of a collaborative community of learners, educators, and families. This position offers a candidate an opportunity to join an expanding, innovative and growing program with a collaborative leadership style.
We are committed to our community of teacher-learners as one wherein each member is welcomed, valued, and celebrated. Our pedagogy is based on the concept of emergent, child-centered curriculum, inspired by the Reggio Emilia early childhood centers. The Family Cooperative has a particular vision of the child as a competent, creative thinker who actively engages in the process of making meaning about the world.
As educators, we dedicate our practice to intentionally and consistently engaging children and one another in reflection about difference, in critical thinking about the social meanings assigned to difference, in risk-taking and in action to challenge bias
and promote equity.
We make these connections in an unconventional cooperative setting that supports primarily working families and values strong parental involvement. We strive to collaborate closely with families in our work, exploring with them ways in which we will authentically bring their family culture into our classrooms and school.
Job Description and Benefits:
● We offer Infant, Toddler and Preschool classrooms and are currently seeking an experienced educator to begin as soon as possible in our preschool classroom, and remain with us through (at least) the end of our 21-22 school year (June 16, 2022) with the possibility of staying on with us for the 22-23 school year.
● Our program runs from mid-August to mid-June, Monday through Friday from 7:15-4:15.
● The position is part or full-time, ideally 37.5 hours a week, with flexible working hours.
● The position would begin as a support teacher role for the remainder of this year, with
competitive hourly rates, and with the opportunity to become a full year salaried position, and eligibility for benefits (including health insurance, tuition and PD coursework reimbursement, retirement plan, and stipend-paid leadership opportunities)
● Conscientious and regularly modified health and safety/COVID protocols, overseen by an onsite full time Health & Safety Operations Manager.
● Age group appropriate certification by the Department of Early Education and Care (or ability and willingness to obtain certification).
● Experience with, or knowledge and willingness to learn about and participate in, the Reggio Emilia Approach or Project Based Approach to education.
● Ability to plan and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum and engage in frequent documentation of this process.
● Willingness to participate in a collaborative team to make observations and create learning stories and monthly Journey Book entries for each child.
● Demonstration of a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in education and a willingness to participate in meaningful, progressive, and sometimes challenging conversations amongst children, families and coworkers.
● Motivated by developing deep and meaningful relationships with young children, their families and colleagues.
● A desire for professional growth in a supportive, inspiring teaching community.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to:
Anna Goodkind (Director) at email@example.com
The Family Cooperative prohibits discrimination against any applicant for employment because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status (special disabled veterans, disabled veterans and Vietnam-era veterans), or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.