POSITION: PRESCHOOL EDUCATOR (Full-time/Non Exempt)
RESUME & COVER LETTER WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: IBA – Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción empowers and engages individuals and families to improve their lives through high-quality affordable housing, education, and arts programs.
JOB SUMMARY: The Preschool Educator is responsible for designing and implementing the day to day activities and learning plan to meet children’s needs, motives children towards a positive attitude for learning, facilitates the development of self-control, social emotional skills, self-esteem, conducts meetings with parents and ensure quality programming. S/he will provide planning and execution of appropriate reading readiness experiences for each curriculum group, as well as to provide planning and execution of appropriate art, music, literature, science, etc. activities. S/he is responsible for the supervision of his/her children’s group and child assessments. Reports to the Preschool Program Manager.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, implements program curriculum, assessment and instructional models that conform to proven best practices.
- Access the needs of individual children, ensures health, safety, education and social development of each child in the group.
- Provides daily experiences/activities which stimulate physical, social, emotional, and cognitive growth and develop language and literacy skills of young children through the use of developmentally appropriate practices and curriculum that are based on each child’s developmental progress and needs.
- Promotes positive self-esteem in children and motivate children towards a positive attitude for learning.
- Follows routines daily which help children keep themselves and others, healthy and safe such as hand washing, toileting, brushing teeth, and appropriate classroom management techniques.
- Assess the development status of each child on a regular basis through observation and various appropriate recordkeeping techniques, writing progress reports and education plan as necessary.
- Schedules and conducts formal, individual parent-teacher conferences at least three times per year, as well as, communicating on a regular basis with parents/family members to build mutual understanding, greater consistency for children and information sharing.
- Maintains record of each child’s progress and development; prepare written report prior to parent conference and provide copies for the child’s permanent records.
- Work with the Program Director to obtain the needed services for families and children
- Complies with and use the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and the Department of Education Guidelines and Standards for Education and practice/follow them consistently.
- Uses of the Early Childhood Education Rating Scales (ECERS) for monitoring quality and evaluating programming.
- Maintains and oversees all compliance and regulatory data for operation and accreditation
- Ensures that all children in the program leave safely and that the child care area remains in order.
- Participates fully in the organization’s annual Agency events, Three Kings Day, Membership Drive, Board Election, Festival Betances and other events related to the community.
- Other duties as may be directed and needed.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, early childhood development, or related field
- Three years of experience working in early childhood education.
- Appropriate certification in hand or able to obtain Teacher Certification form Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care
- Bilingual Spanish/English, preferred
- Knowledge in different curriculum approaches, Teaching Strategies Gold, preferred
- Must meet CORI requirement
- Certified in First Aid and CPR for children
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style capable of motivation others
- Computer literate
- Motivated to learn and work in collaboration with others to continuously work towards excellence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under tight timelines
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Able to work flexible schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your cover letter and resume to:
IBA-Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción
405 Shawmut Avenue
Boston MA, 02118
FOR THIS AND MORE JOB OPPORTUNITIES VISIT: