Preschool Director at Cambridge Nursery School
Preschool Director Job Overview
The Director of CNS manages all aspects of the preschool from budget development to helping children put on snow gear. The ability to mix business responsibilities and day-to-day tasks is key to success in this position. The next Director of CNS should be an experienced and compassionate professional who embraces the unique culture of the school while providing the structure that will be the backbone for continued growth.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- School Administration: manage and maintain the budget, payroll, Massachusetts EEC licensing, and any other business needs.
- Co-op Support: maintain records for institutional memory and guide incoming parents on parent jobs and board membership. Support the parent board by attending meetings and working as a liaison between the board and staff. Be present for and help with community events and fundraising efforts.
- Staff Management: provide feedback to teachers via staff meetings and semi-annual reviews as well as check-ins as needed. Provide guidance for professional development and licensing requirements.
- Curriculum Development: guide teachers in the development and implementation of play-based curriculum.
- Recruitment and Enrollment: manage publicity and provide an active on-line presence for the school in order to maintain steady enrollment.
- Hands-on Support: be actively involved in day-to-day tasks around the schoolhouse and ready to jump in to help teachers as needed during the day.
- Ability to communicate clearly with all members of the school community, including staff, families, and the co-op board. Liaise effectively between these entities.
- Computer literacy, including a working knowledge of social media for promotion of the school. Familiarity with QuickBooks is ideal.
- Experience with and knowledge of Massachusetts EEC licensing guidelines and professional development expectations.
- A love for preschool aged children and deep understanding of their social-emotional and academic development.
- Desire to create a supportive atmosphere for all school community members, including, but not limited to, age-appropriate emotional support for students, professional help to staff, and practical guidance to families.
- EEC Director I Certification (or ability to obtain before August 2022).
- 3 – 5 years experience in early childhood education as a lead teacher (ideally with administrator experience).
- Physical abilities: able to carry 30lbs and move safely around a group of active small children.
About Cambridge Nursery School
Cambridge Nursery School (CNS) is a long-standing co-op nursery school in a residential neighborhood of Cambridge, MA. CNS provides a warm and playful atmosphere for children aged 2 years and 9 months through 5 years. The play-based program is guided by the belief that young children learn through play. The bright and spacious schoolhouse is surrounded by a lovely private play-yard.
As a parent cooperative, the school community is strong and benefits the entire family, which makes the transition from home to school gentle for both children and their caregivers. Parents have the opportunity to take part in school days as well as to work for the co-op in a variety of roles.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Any questions or requests for more information can be sent to the same address.
CNS is committed to welcoming a diverse community. CNS does not discriminate in its enrollment or hiring with regard to a person’s race, ethnic and national origin, religion, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, political beliefs or disabilities.