Children in Studio One, our mixed toddler preschool classroom, develop relationships with teachers and friends while exploring a variety of open-ended materials that spark curiosity and cultivate creativity. Our classrooms are designed as studio spaces where children are free to explore, create and extend learning through a variety of creative materials. Our large, expansive outdoor classroom plays a large part in the learning and exploring at Garden Gate.
- The Lead Teacher has the primary responsibility of ensuring the safety and well-being of all the children in their classroom.
- The Lead Teachers will support the mission and educational approach of the Center, providing a nurturing, consistent, developmentally appropriate environment that meets the emotional, social, cognitive and physical needs of young children.
- The Lead Teacher will create an inviting classroom environment, and model classroom care and organization
- The Lead Teacher will develop an engaging curriculum of project based learning experiences that focus on the children’s emotional and social development
- The Lead Teacher will develop and maintain family relationships, collaborate with a co-teaching team, and maintain a commitment to professionalism and continuing education
- The Lead Teacher must abide by all EEC licensing standards, and all policies and procedures set forth in the employee handbook.
Our educational approach draws from the preschools and infant/toddler centers in Reggio Emilia, Italy. We provide a place where the arts are central to building community, sharing ideas and growing together in a vibrant, creative setting. Being on the campus of Featherstone Center for the Arts provides unique opportunities for our children to explore the intersection of nature and art. One of the greatest opportunities we have at Featherstone is to encounter the artists themselves, and to build relationships that support the children’s learning and development.
It is the policy of the Garden Gate Child Development Center, Inc. to ensure that the employment practices of Garden Gate Child Development Center, Inc. are to recruit, hire and promote qualified employees without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. We strongly encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
- ECE Lead Teacher Certification required
- Experience with toddlers required
- Experience with the Reggio approach preferred
Full time, year round position, with option to take summers off
Hours: 7:30-3:00, plus 2-4 hours monthly staff meetings after school
Hourly Wage: $22.00 to 25.00/hr based on experience and education
5 weeks paid vacation, additional personal days and paid holidays, IRA with employer match