The Croft School: Jamaica Plain – Kindergarten Teacher
Start Date: August 2022
About The Croft School
The Croft School is a young independent school in the Jamaica Plain neighborhood of Boston. Having opened in Fall 2020, our school currently serves 120 students in Preschool through Grade 1. (We are in the midst of an awesome second year!) Over time, the school will grow into a Preschool through Grade 6 school.
The Croft School provides an engaging, innovative, child-centered program to its students and a unique parent-oriented experience to its families, all within a tight-knit, diverse, and joyous environment. Our classrooms balance high-quality math, reading, and writing instruction with innovative project-based learning, age-appropriate opportunities for play and creative expression, and weekly nature explorations or community trips.
The school has quickly become a highly-popular option among families in and around Boston, with significantly more enrollment interest than available seat capacity.
The Croft School has sister schools in Providence (founded 2018) and the South End neighborhood of Boston (opening 2022).
More information about our school can be found here: www.thecroftschool.org.
About The Role
The Croft School is seeking an exceptional Kindergarten Teacher to lead and teach one of the school’s two Kindergarten classrooms. (Our Kindergarten classrooms have 16 students each.) All Croft teachers are empowered to design and deliver an outstanding student program in alignment with the school’s thoughtful approaches to classroom climate, pedagogy, personalization, and assessment. All Croft teachers dedicate ample time and thoughtfulness to close communication and partnership with their students’ families.
The ideal candidate will be committed to building deep relationships with their students and using that knowledge to establish and lead a dynamic, child-centered classroom. Further, given that The Croft School is committed to being a self-reflective, ever-improving anti-racist organization, the right candidate should be excited to contribute the school’s related efforts and practices.
Qualifications and Qualities
- 3+ years of early elementary education experience, ideally in a Kindergarten classroom
- A contagious love for teaching, children, and nurturing students’ natural curiosity, instilling in them a lifelong passion for learning.
- Enthusiasm for designing and delivering creative, engaging lessons and theme-based projects.
- An entrepreneurial spirit coupled with an ambitious work ethic.
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills, inclusive of empathy for others, thoughtful listening, team-orientation, and enthusiasm for collaborating with an Associate Teacher and other colleagues
- Ability to create a safe, joyous learning environment, inclusive of excellent classroom management strategies and skills.
- Ability to design and lead targeted, small-group instruction.
- Self-reflectiveness, humility, and an eagerness to continually improve one’s practice.
- A strong desire to remain in this role for 5+ years.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and current authorization to work in the United States is required.
The Croft School offers compensation which is competitive with other local independent and public school opportunities.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Croft School does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
Interested candidates should send a short email of interest, along with an attached resume, to The Croft School’s Head of School, Peter Cipparone (email@example.com).