FLOAT TEACHER, Children’s Center
Tracking Code 0340
The Boston University Children’s Center has expanded and moved into a newly renovated beautiful historic home in the Cottage Farm neighborhood of Brookline. The new Center serves infants through Pre-Kindergarten in a homelike setting with an expansive outdoor space for the children to explore. Please click here http://www.bu.edu/childrens-center/ to learn more about our program and to take a virtual tour of some of the classroom spaces.
The Children’s Centers philosophy is based on blending a variety of early childhood educational philosophies and approaches, including Montessori, Reggio Emilia, and Constructivist. Children at the Center are viewed as active participants in their own learning, making choices and seeking out experiences that further their development. Educators at the Center strive to create a safe, nurturing, and stimulating environment that supports children as they learn and grow at their own pace through play-based and child-centered experiences. Educators at the Center believe in viewing each child as an individual, and they understand the importance of getting to know each child and meeting them where they are developmentally.
The Float Teacher role has the primary responsibility, in conjunction with the Lead Teachers, of ensuring the safety and well-being of all the children in each classroom they are working in. In addition, the Float Teachers role is to support the mission and philosophy of the Center, provide a nurturing, consistent, developmentally appropriate environment that meets the cognitive, emotional, social and physical needs of young children, develop and maintain family relationships, collaborate with all of the co-teaching teams, and take part in continuous professional development. The Float Teacher must abide by all Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) licensing standards, and all policies and procedures set forth in the employee handbook.
- Teacher Certified by MA Department of Early Education and Care (EEC)
- Bachelors Degree or Associates Degree in child development, early childhood education, or a related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an early childhood education setting
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work cooperatively and communicate well with others
- Reliable and conscientious
- Computer skills (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Kaymbu, COR Advantage)
- Willingness to increase knowledge in the field Certificate of CPR and first aid training (recommended)
- Organized, ability to multitask Ability to work independently
- Flexible and able to adapt to various team teaching styles
- Attentive to the confidentiality of records and other information
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
BROOKLINE, Massachusetts, United States
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Here: https://bu.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=305528&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=1017352&company_id=15509&version=1&byBusinessUnit=NULL&bycountry=0&bystate=0&byRegion=NULL&bylocation=NULL&keywords=teacher&byCat=&proximityCountry=&postalCode=&radiusDistance=&isKilometers=&tosearch=yes&city=
|Job Category||Float, Teacher|