Early Childhood Teachers for the 2021/2022 School Year
Unique opportunity to join our dynamic team of professional, experienced, passionate teachers! A passion for learning about nature education and an excitement to explore the outdoors with children is a must. We believe children learn best through play. They flex their social/emotional muscles as they engage with their peers and teachers. We focus on giving children opportunities to practice conflict resolution, cooperation and empathy. Framingham Centre Nursery School believes in the importance of providing children opportunities to explore and investigate the natural world around them. We are located next to 5 acres of woodlands and have the unique opportunity to explore wetlands, ponds, and meadows.
We are looking for early childhood teachers for our nature-based preschool classroom Monday through Friday, 8 hour shifts. Each classroom at FCNS will have their own dedicated outdoor classroom space. We believe in the importance of providing children extended outside time in nature to explore, investigate, and grow their curiosity about the world around them. Classroom teachers guide children in these experiences using emergent, play-based investigations. Our teachers work collaboratively on teaching teams with low teacher to student ratios to help to guide their classroom in developmentally appropriate, nature-based learning experiences.
Salary Range – Lead Teachers – $20-$22 per hour
Assistant Teachers – $17-$18 per hour
1. Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) Certifications: Teacher Preschool
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred Minimum two (2) years experience
3. CPR and First Aid certified
4. Work experience in a NAEYC facility is preferred
5. Have a passion and desire to learn about nature education
6. Be prepared and willing for outdoor activities on a daily basis in all types of weather
Interested in applying?
Please email Angela Elkins at email@example.com