Early Childhood Teacher
The Woodbridge School at PCCD is looking for a kind, patient, and engaging people to join our Early Childhood Program’s teaching team. We are seeking a Teacher for an immediate opening to join us and be part of a growing program.
As a Teacher in our Early Childhood Program, you will partner within a professional support team in an inclusive classroom for children ages 0 months to 5 years. Our model is designed to support all children with small classroom sizes and high teacher to child ratios.
Candidates should share our common philosophy, recognize best practice in the early childhood field, be committed to working in a collaborative team, and be vested in ongoing professional and personal development. Collegiality, respect for diversity and multiculturalism, willingness to learn, flexibility, enthusiasm, warmth, commitment, and excellent communication skills are essential to this role.
The schedule for this position is for a 40-hour work week, Monday through Friday. The program runs 7:30 am – 6 pm, with a core day of 8:30am-3pm, on a 12-month calendar.
- A Master’s and BA or BS in early education or related field is strongly desired.
- Three or more years’ experience working with children ages 0-5 with a strong knowledge of early childhood and special education development is highly desirable.
- Experience in a Reggio Emilia inspired, child-directed, and play-based learning setting is a plus.
- Experience working with children with Special Rights and/or an Inclusive program, and/or with support networks for children in therapy and in screening, also a plus.
- Prior experience mentoring less experienced teachers is desired.
- Must hold a current Massachusetts Teacher EEC Certification (or meet requirements to become certified and obtain certification within first six months of employment).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to handle confidential material with sensitivity and professionalism.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team. Must be creative and proactive with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and be flexible. Excellent attention to detail and high standards for quality of work. Reliable.
- Ability to understand and work with agency policies and procedures including a strong commitment to confidentiality and ethics.
- Hold/willing to obtain and maintain current CPR/First Aid certifications.
- This position requires current background checks of Massachusetts CORI, DCF, national SORI and national Criminal History Records, which must be deemed “suitable” by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care.
For almost fifty years, The Professional Center for Child Development has dedicated itself to providing children with a solid foundation for life-long learning through our educational and therapeutic programs. With support from our highly skilled educators and professionals, we nurture the growth and potential in EVERY child. We are a non-profit organization which includes a Chapter 766 Developmental Day School, Early Intervention Program, Early Childhood Program- Infant through Preschool, Private Therapy Program, Regional Consultation Program, and Early Intervention Toddler Group Program. See https://www.woodbridgeschool.org/ for further information about our early education program.
Our staff are smart, caring, and dedicated. We are motivated by doing meaningful and rewarding work in our community and giving 110%. We have created a supportive, creative, and collaborative workplace culture. Most importantly, we spend our days seeing the possibilities in children, in families of all kinds, and in each other.
We know that our program is stronger and more connected when we recognize and value the diversity and the myriad of backgrounds and perspectives in our community. PCCD respects and honors the differences of all. The PCCD is proudly an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in working as part of a team of caring and dedicated (and just plain nice!) people doing meaningful work in our north shore community, please visit our careers page at: www.theprofessionalcenter.org and apply!