Prospect Hill Academy Charter School is a highly successful, urban K-12 public school with the mission of preparing each student for success in college, fostering responsible citizenship, and inspiring a lifelong love of learning.
At Prospect Hill Academy, the prevailing belief is that with hard work, effective effort, perseverance through adversity, committed teachers, and invested parents, all students are capable of academic, intellectual, social, and moral excellence. Fueling this conviction are seven core values that guide the daily life and culture of the school–(1) High Expectations: Each student can do and be whatever s/he wants; (2) Equity: Access and opportunity drive achievement; (3) Personalization: One size does not fit all; (4) Cultural Proficiency: We see, honor, and embrace differences; (5) Collaboration: Many minds are better than one; (6) Balance: Both-and, not either-or; (7) Inquiry: Decisions are strategic and informed by data; and (8) Accountability: If students fail, we all fail.
We are currently accepting applications for: LONG-TERM SUBSTITUTE ASSOCIATE TEACHER. In collaboration with the Lead Teacher, the Associate Teacher assists with the following:
CURRICULUM AND PLANNING
- Demonstrates a depth of content knowledge and understanding.
- Incorporates departmental/subject area expectations into lesson plans.
- Develops lesson plans that are age and developmentally appropriate.
- Designs lessons that accommodate multiple learning styles.
- Activates and builds upon students’ prior skills, interests, and knowledge.
- Aligns lesson objectives with school and state standards, as identified on curriculum maps.
- Adapts curriculum in accordance with student IEPs and 504 plans.
THE CLASSROOM ENVIRONMENT
- Interacts respectfully with all students.
- Conveys enthusiasm for subject matter.
- Holds all students accountable to high expectations for achievement and growth.
- Promotes and manages collaborative learning.
- Establishes effective classroom routines and procedures.
- Organizes the physical environment to maximize student learning.
- Communicates clear directions and procedures.
- Identifies and communicates learning objectives for skills and content.
- Communicates clearly and effectively through speech and writing.
- Allocates and manages instructional time effectively.
- Facilitates smooth and efficient transitions and maximizes instructional time.
- Incorporates questioning strategies to improve student thinking and learning.
- Facilitates engaging and inclusive classroom discussion.
- Varies instruction to accommodate different learning styles.
- Executes departmental/subject area expectations into instruction.
- Designs, selects, and incorporates materials and resources that stimulate student learning.
- Adapts instruction in accordance with student IEPs and 504 plans.
- Aligns assessments with instructional goals.
- Designs assessments around clear criteria or standards.
- Provides ongoing, timely, and useful feedback to students.
- Utilizes a variety of assessment strategies.
- Uses assessment data to inform and improve curriculum and instruction.
- Adapts assessments in accordance with student IEPs and 504 plans.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records.
- Communicates frequently and professionally with parents.
- Maintains respectful, collegial, and collaborative relationships with colleagues.
- Supports the extracurricular life of the school.
- Seeks and participates in collaborative inquiry as professional development.
- Adheres to and upholds school rules and procedures.
- Reflects positively on the PHA community.
- Fulfills basic professional responsibilities.
- Contributes positively to the professional culture of the school.
Position Type: Full-time
Positions Available: 1