CO-DIRECTOR, Peabody Children’s Center
Summary Description: Join a dynamic leadership team that honors collaboration and continued learning among all members of the community. Peabody Terrace Children’s Center is seeking a highly committed, organized Co-Director with strong communication and interpersonal skills. PTCC is a Harvard affiliated non-profit child care center providing care for university affiliated families and the surrounding community. The Center is located in graduate student housing, overlooking the Charles River, and serves an internationally diverse community of families with children from 3 months to 5 years of age. PTCC has 8 classrooms in addition to a beautiful art studio, available for use by all children. PTCC’s educational philosophy is inspired by the early childhood schools of Reggio Emilia, Italy, where educators honor the child as protagonist, teacher as researcher, and parent as partner. The Center is committed to providing a rich and reflective experience for children that focuses on relationships, constructive learning, and anti bias education values at all ages.
Responsibilities: The Co-Directors report directly to the Executive Director of Campus Child Care and are collaboratively responsible for the daily management and operation of the center. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Recruit and hire new staff as necessary to maintain or exceed required child to teacher ratios. Oversee
orientation and training of all employees and assist in supervision.
● Provide supervision and support for staff in collaboration with the administrative team.
● Provide anti-bias (anti-racist) knowledge and leadership.
● Collaborate with the leadership team to provide staff development that supports embracing the values of Reggio Emilia pedagogy.
● Assist in maintaining NAEYC accreditation, QRIS, and Massachusetts Department of Early
Education and Care license renewals for the Center.
● Assist in building and maintaining community relationships both internally within the center
community and externally with the city, commonwealth, and Harvard University.
● Assist in coordinating bi-monthly meetings of the Peabody Terrace Center Council composed of family
and staff representatives.
● Serve as role model, and advocate for the Center in the greater professional community external to and amongst Harvard’s Campus Child Care affiliate organizations.
● Assist in delivery of services to all families from welcoming new members to the community to regular
review of classroom priorities and tone to coordination of support services for children and families with
● Collaborate in facilitating community engagement through annual events including an Open House,
Curriculum Night, and Showcase.
● MA DEEC II Director qualified
● Master’s degree or bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or a relevant field
and a minimum of 3 years of experience in an early childhood program.
● Minimum of two years of experience in a supervisory, administrative role in a childcare setting
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
Position Type: This is a full-time, 40 hour a week position Salary commensurate with experience and education
Email your resume and cover letter to: HR@campus-cc.org