Afternoon Assistant Teacher Position (Part-time)
Peabody Terrace Children’s Center is a private, non-profit childcare facility affiliated with Harvard University. We are one of 6 centers that make up Campus Child Care, Inc. We are located on the Charles River, in graduate student housing. We serve an internationally diverse community of families with children from 3 months to 5 years of age. We were among the first fifty programs in Massachusetts to pursue and attain NAEYC accreditation, and we maintain a consistent reputation for excellence in childcare in the Metro-Boston area. We have 8 classrooms with an art studio available for use by all classrooms.
PTCC is a Reggio Emilia inspired school and we are dedicated to providing a reflective, meaningful experience for children while they are away from home. We are committed to Anti-Bias Education at all ages and expect staff to support these principles. Our teaching staff includes energetic, thoughtful individuals who are committed to developing curriculum through keen observation of play.
- Must be available to work Monday-Friday 12:30-4:30pm
- Collaborate with teaching team to provide relationship-focused care, which may include: playing, singing, diapering, nap support, feeding and mealtime support, observation
- Peaceful and effective communication with teaching team, families, curricular support staff, and administrators
- Daily tasks may include: snack prep, sanitizing, dishes, laundry, restocking, providing break or meeting coverage
- Support curricular plans
- Stay up-to-date on team meeting content, relevant to assistant responsibilities
- Able to lift, move, and hold children and objects up to 40 pounds. Able to engage in full range of motion to lift, reach, squat, climb, sit, and otherwise fully participate in classroom activities.
- Able to supervise and interact with children outdoors for extended periods of varied weather conditions.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience caring for children between the ages of 3 months and 5 years
- EEC Teacher certification or willingness to take three credit Child Growth and Development course within six months of hire
- Cultural Competence
- Child Development knowledge
- Awareness of EEC regulations and NAEYC standards
- ECE or Child Development coursework
- Practicum students encouraged!
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, and contact information for two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PTCC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate due to race, religion, cultural heritage, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, political affiliation, marital status, or disability when making decisions regarding hiring.